This approach is a huge milestone in automobile diagnostics. It works by automatically, yet independently processing campaigns with a fleet of vehicles.
Now it is possible to pinpoint a single vehicle’s programming and know whether it has any faults. A report will then be generated giving full details on the vehicle’s general quality.
Through this, the current status is monitored and the future status of the vehicle can be predicted.
This diagnostic tool is smart, sustainable and safe to use.
This approach makes it possible to access vehicles that are not in the same geographical region. It could be within the local area network or even across international boundaries.
Remote diagnostic keep checking the overall condition of the vehicle. If there is a problem, the diagnostic tool determines the root cause of that problem and comes up with a viable solution.
In future, remote vehicle diagnostics will bring about considerable savings on resources and manpower.
A mobile app is available for vehicle owners to view their vehicle information. The app also offers a platform for technicians to interact and exchange ideas with their colleagues.
Besides the actual vehicle owners, other users of a remote diagnostic tool are technicians who provide services to the vehicles. Manufactures put this to use and can access their customer’s vehicles needs when they are very far away.
Some challenges experienced with this include:
- Issues with connectivity
- It’s reliability and performance
- Sustainable integration with other systems
- Intuitive guidance to its users
- Longer periods of data payload
It is important that vehicles that are usually driven around for long hours have a diagnostic tool installed. This will help monitor the health regularly. Benefits of doing this are numerous. They include:
- Driver’s safety. He/ she will get to know before potential hazards happen. The driver’s mental state and fatigue levels can also be detected. This will help the driver decide if they are fit to drive or not.
- There is the option of the driver getting either full or partial assistance when driving. This will improve the comfort of the driver.
- The driver can access important information on weather changes, traffic, nearby fueling stations etc. Such functions would serve to warn the driver of environmental hazards. This way they will have a get to plan on how to reach their destinations faster and effectively.
- Service time will be reduced because the problem is known and a solution is already in place.
- Vehicle downtime is also greatly reduced. Time that would have otherwise been spent on repairs is saved because faults are detected before they can cause major issues.
- Potential damage to the vehicle’s parts can be identified on time and corrected, therefore preventing the vehicle from breaking down. This will help reduce overall costs.
- Using their smartphone, the driver can gain access to loads of music, videos. They can also share other media with the passengers.
- Based on specific driver’s habits and what features are used the most, an analysis is done which will help in providing recommendations for some situations or in automation in other cases.
How Diagnostic Systems Work
Diagnostic systems integrated with cloud technology enable it to perform surveillance of vehicles in real-time. Once a problem has been detected, it is classified depending on the vehicle’s model. It’s analyzed and a report is given.
Decoding Vehicle Diagnostics happens when error codes are translated into a form that humans can understand.